Weekly News - October 3rd, 2015
This past week, we continued work on the steering, suspension, and roll cage designs. We finished trimming the door mold and made the the first upper body mold layup. We did not get as strong of a seal as we would have liked; the result of this was that our mold buckled and bubbled. However, we have realized that by taking the peel ply off, adjusting the carbon fiber to lay flat, and then reapplying the peel ply will help with this issue. Work on the preliminary vehicle design report has continued and will need to finish by October 15th. In electrical news, the test encapsulation of a solar panel has been completed and the LCU board has been finished.
Thanks to everyone who could make it this weekend.